Traditional Christmas cakes are loaded with carbs and hyrdrogenated fats, some of the biggest contributors to weight gain and fat storage around your gut.
Eat guilt free this year with our delicious and healthy 'protein currant cakes'.
- The potassium in the currants help to significantly lower blood pressure and the high levels of vitamin B complex will keep energy levels high due to the better absorption of iron.
- Oats are high in fibre, having a low GI. This means your blood sugar levels will be kept steady and you'll feel fuller for longer!
- Carrots are rich in beta-carotene which is converted in the liver into vitamin A and improves vision.
- 2 Large bananas (chopped small)
- 2 Large organic carrots (peeled & grated)
- 2.5 cups Oats
- 1 scoop BulkPowders whey protein (unflavoured)
- 1 palmful raisins / sultanas
- 1 dessert spoon cacao powder
- 2 tsps honey
METHOD - 15 MIN
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees celcius.
- Add all ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Using your hands, mash the banana upand distribute it evenly with the other ingredients so the mix sticks together well.
- Shape mixture into 8-10 flat cakes - (if they are really thick they may require a longer cooking time)
- Add cakes to a baking sheet / tray and place in oven for 10 mins.
- Remove and set aside for 10 mins to cool. Enjoy!
Christmas cheer from LetsTrain
Dejan & Jonny