A really good way of shopping for fruit and vegetables, is by picking the local foods that are currently in-season, thereby being better value for money and also fresher being more recently picked/harvested.
It is the time of year for apples, plums, pears and berries and so if you live near any local fruit trees or better still, have some in your garden, then give this delicious, nutritious crumble a try that your friends and family will enjoy!
300g plums (pitted and mashed)
5 medium size apples, diced (preferably cooking apples)
3tbsp brown sugar
1 packet crumble mix
1. Using a large pyrex bowl, mix up the apple pieces and plums
2. Mix in half of the oats and half of the sugar, place in a pre-heated oven, 180 degrees for 15 minutes.
3. While this is cooking we can make the topping. In a separate bowl combine the crumble mix, cinnamon and remaining oats and sugar.
4. When the fruit has cooked for 15 minutes, take it out of the oven and carefully sprinkle your crumble topping evenly over the fruit mixture.
5. Place back in the oven for a further 20 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Get creative; why not add raisins and sultanas for an even fruitier mix!