You may have come across him, you may have been referred to him. Or without realising, you may have heard from the speakers of a weary travellers smart phone - a voice blaring a variety of healthy & delicious ingredients that when combined create within a matter of 15 minutes, a tastefully healthy meal. This inventive foods-man is known as The Body Coach Joe Wicks.
I have been an avid follower of Joe for almost a year now, and in a slightly obsessive manner have recreated many of his delicious & healthy meals from his ever so popular trend #LeanIn15. My most recent was a sweet potato based pork sausage pie. I would never have thought to use sausage as a filling for a pie, however it turned out to be rather tasty! The already seasoned and herbalicious sausage meat created a mouth watering flavour. With this in mind and its easy to make nature I thought I would share it.
- 2 Medium Sized Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Medium Sized Courgette
- 350G - 400G Pork Sausage Meat
- 100ML Chicken Stock
- 2 Red Peppers
- 4 Medium Sized Mushrooms
- 100G - 150G Tomato
- 1TBSP Coconut Oil
- Parmesan Cheese (Optional)
1. Start by chopping the sweet potatoes into small 1 inch chunks, follow by placing them in the microwave for 5 - 10 minutes at full heat - this is to soften in preparation for mashing.
2. Finely chop the onion and garlic and heat the coconut oil in a pan. Chuck the onion and garlic into the pan and begin to fry until the onion softens. As the onion softens squeeze the sausage meat into the pan and once cooked add the chopped tomato, pepper and courgette.
3. Add the chopped mushrooms along with the chicken stock and ramp up the heat, this will cause the stock to reduce. Once reduced empty into a large baking dish and cover with the now mashed sweet potato. I threw in a little coconut oil with my sweet potato mash, it adds flavour and makes it easier to mash.
4. Lastly and totally optional - throw on some parmesan or cheese of choice and stick under the grill. This will heat the potato and melt the cheese. Delicious!