Try the detoxification and recovery benefits of this super food mix...
Made with all natural ingredients as usual, this 'Raw Energy' recipe is packed with protein and high concentrations of nutrients which will help detoxify and cleanse your body!
Time: 15 mins
- 8 dessert spoons oats.
- 1 large banana
- 2 tablespoons crushed cashew nut & pumpkin seeds
- 1 scoop protein powder (optional)
- 10g raw cacao nibs/cacao powder
- 2 tsp. honey
- 10g Spirulina powder
- 10g Wheatgrass powder
- 2tbs melted LucyBee coconut oil
1. Firstly preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Then add all ingredients into a large bowl and mix together with your hands. Add the coconut oil into a small pan and melt over a low heat. As soon as it melts, add to the energy ball mix and work it in evenly with hands.
2. Shape the mix into 8 balls and squeeze each together firmly so they are compact. Place the balls onto a non-stick baking tray and add to the top shelf of the oven for 10 mins.
3. After 10 mins take out the energy balls and leave aside to cool and harden. Sprinkle cinnamon over the top before taking with you on your travels!
Spirulina - the chlorophyll in spirulina helps remove free radicals and toxins from your body that are produced from stress and physical activity.
Wheatgrass - contains the essential enzyme protease to aid protein digestion and has 19 amino acids, one of the highest concentrations from plant based foods.
Coconut oil - is one of nature's richest sources of medium-chain fatty acids, which are not stored by your body as fat but broken down quickly by our liver and used as energy - with no insulin spike. (using LucyBee).
Cashew nuts - the high magnesium levels help regulate nerve and muscle tone. This in turn keeps our nerves and muscles relaxed reducing blood pressure and muscle spasms.
Try snacking on these immediately after a workout or as a quick breakfast fix when you're in a rush!