Here's a great recovery Stir-fry I made with a garlic and herb mix.
- 300g chicken breast, diced
- 50g wholemeal couscous
- Sugar snap peas
- Small onion
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- A omato chopped
- Pinch of chives cut in small pieces
- Oregano and basil
Note: This was following a heavy leg session, hence the large chicken quantity, additionally you can change the amount to suit your needs or serve for two people.
Time needed - 12 minutes.
1. Heat olive oil or coconut oil (using Biona Organic here) in a pan then cook the onion for 2 minutes stirring regularly on a low heat.
2. Add the chicken pieces and cook for 6minutes using a lid (turn over half way).
3. Add the sugar snaps, chives and herbs and tomato pieces and cover with lid.
4. Immediately add the uncooked couscous to a medium sized bowl and pour over boiling water so the couscous is submerged about half a centimetre. Cover with a plate/lid.
5. After 3 minutes, take the pan off the heat and serve straight away with the couscous!
- Using a lid cooks the chicken more evenly and quicker!
- Sprinkle parmesan on top of the chicken for a stronger flavour.
- Use a fork to 'fluff' up the couscous before serving.
Protein 63g, Carbs 36g, Fat 5g