Here's a delicious guilt free, nutrient packed twist to our classic Pizza! I use Biona Organic Spelt Pizza-Bases to make my pizzas healthy and along with vitamins and minerals, spelt is high in dietry fibre, which means these pizzas actually help lower your bad chollesterol!
'...the health is all in the method...'
Traditionally pizzas are made using a flat round base of dough topped with a variety of tomatoes, cheeses, and on occasion, meat. However what makes it a junk food in today’s world, is the way it is cooked and the type of ingredients…
A pizza dosen't have to be ‘unhealthy’, the health is all in the method...these pizzas’ are full of antioxidants and low-GI carbohydrates, made with Biona Organic Spelt Pizzas-Bases for long lasting energy to keep you going for hours! Click on the above link for the nutritional value.
Ingredients (serves two)
- 300g Biona Organic Spelt pizza bases (pack of 2)
- Sundried tomato paste
- 2-4 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2 Medium tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 red/white onion (chopped)
- 1 sweet pepper (chopped)
- 100g Feta cheese (cubed)
- 100g Mozzarella cheese (thinly sliced)
- Basil Leaves
1. Firstly preheat the oven to 200 degrees – Spread the tomato paste evenly over the spelt bases and then top with the onion, tomatoes, cheese and sweet pepper. Add to the top shelf of the oven on a baking tray and leave for 8 min.
2. Remove from oven and add the garlic pieces over the top along with any more cheese/extras you fancy choosing from.
Place back on the top shelf for a further 3 mins.
3. Remove from oven and serve cut into quarters with crushed pepper and salad.
Tips from Dejan:
- The spelt bases are slightly more crumbly than the breaded version, so cut into slices on the baking tray and carefully transfer to plates.
- You can add cooked chicken breast pieces to increase the protein content if needed.
- Use a variety of vibrant vegetables, why not try adding Spinach and chilli flakes to mix things up?!
Post a picture up on instagram of your own LTClassics Pizza @LetsTrain using the hashtag #LTClassics