We have created for you a bread that is high in protein and high in Omega 3s - also compared to conventional bread will keep you fuller for longer.
It is a great option for anyone wanting to keep their carbohydrate intake down while not being ketogenic. For example a piece of Warburton's wholemeal bread contains 16g of carbs, our Protein Bread only 10.2g per serving.
This gluten-free, wheat-free protein bread allows you to enjoy toast and sandwiches while still maintaining a high protein diet, compulsory for anyone looking to build muscle.
- 1 x 7g sachet of dried yeast
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 250g plain white gluten free flour
- 100g ground almonds
- 25g linseeds
- 100g mixed seeds, such as chia, poppy and pumpkin
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC/375ºF/gas 5. Cover a 1.5 litre loaf tin with greaseproof paper. Pour 375ml of lukewarm water into a jug, add the yeast and oil, then mix with a fork until combined and leave aside for 5 minutes.
- Place the flour, seeds and ground almonds into a mixing bowl, add a pinch of salt and finely chopped rosemary leaves.
- Crack in the eggs and beat together, then pour in the yeast mixture whisking while you go. At this point it should appear unlike a dough and more watery, like a batter. Pour the mixture into the tin and even it out on top.
- At this point you could either bake the bread immediately, or cover and put it in the fridge overnight thus allowing some sour flavours to infuse. Both work brilliantly and are totally up to you. I baked mine as I have the patience of a toddler.
- To bake the bread, place in the middle of the preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until golden, cooked fully so a skewer can be inserted and comes out clean. Transfer to cool on a wire rack for at least 20 minutes.
NUTRITION PER SERVING:
Fat: 13.5g / Protein: 10.2g / Carbs: 10.2g of which Sugar: 0.7g / Fibre: 5.8g
Dejan & Jonny