No one can resist a gooey brownie and we have all given in to the temptation of the heavenly brownie when we are in a coffee shop or browsing a supermarket So with this all in mind I wanted to adapt an original brownie recipe into a more protein rich healthy version.
- 1 cup of Liquid Egg Whites
- 1 can (200g) of unsalted cooked Black Beans
- 2 Scoops Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1/4 cup of Cocoa
- 1/4 cup of Honey
- 3 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 5 tbsp Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda
- 1-3 tbsp of Peanut Butter (Totally optional - however adds a nice nutty flavour)
- With a blender, blend all the ingredients together. Ensure that the mix ends up like a thick batter, if it ends up too watery, add a tbsp of coconut flour until it has thickened. Instead if it is too thick, add an extra egg white or two.
- Bake the mixture in a small brownie pan at 160 C (320 F) for roughly 45 to 60 minutes, you want to be able to insert a knife that comes out clean.
The black beans provide tons of fibre, and combined with the healthy fats will keep you fuller for longer.