Here's a quick and easy recipe that tastes great, is packed full of nutrients and a good low carb option!
-High protein, low carb / trans fats.
-Full of nutrients and minerals.
-Perfect for building muscle and staying lean.
-Quick to prepare!
-Time needed: 15 minutes plus 5 minutes prep time.
Ingredients (serves two):
. 400g chicken breast(diced)
. Half an onion
. 1 Yellow/Orange Pepper
. Handful of green beans
. 2 Tomatoes
. 2 Garlic cloves
. 2tsp coconut oil
. 3tsp Apple cider vinegar
. 1tbsp Low-fat Greek yogurt
Note: Add or take away the quantity of chicken to best fit your individual requirements!
1. Dice the tomatoes, onion, garlic, yellow pepper and chicken breasts.
2. Using a non-stick pan place on a low heat. Add coconut oil, yellow pepper and onion.
3 After 3 minutes add the chicken breast, pieces, tomato, and spices you fancy. (I recommend cumin and coriander).
4. After 4-5 minutes turn the chicken pieces over and add the garlic, apple cider vinegar and curry paste.
5. Cook for another 4-5 minutes, you can add cooked green beans (optional).
6. Cook for 2 minutes and lastly stir the yogurt into the mix.
7. Serve with a side salad and enjoy!
The ingredients and the benefits:
Chicken - High protein, low fat.
Garlic - A great ant inflammatory and can lower the risk of heart disease.
Apple Cider Vinegar - Reduces build up of cholesterol and contains the antioxidant beta-carotene, responsible for slowing the ageing process.
Tomatoes - High potassium content helps to lower blood pressure naturally!
- Use a lid to cook with; cooks more evenly and quicker.
- Use chicken breasts with no skin and trim any fat off, the leanest option!
- Season with salt and epper to serve.
- Experiment with different curry pastses, here we used 'Patak's Biryani Curry Paste'
Try something different, stay healthy and enjoy!