Buying from the supermarket, most burgers have a high fat content and are also overpriced! Here's a healthy, do it yourself recipe with a twist!
- 500g beef mince. Aim for 7% fat content or lower
- One finely chopped onion
- 1 egg
- Pinch of Cajun spices
- 1tsp of chipotle paste
- Freshly chopped coriander or spring onion
- Wholemeal buns (Low GI)
- Salad to serve
1. Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix together evenly.
2. Shape into 4 or more patties and place on a hot grill or pan.
3. Cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes each side.
4. Serve with wholemeal buns and salad.
Note: 500g mince will make about 5 large patties, however it is entirely up to you to change the size and thickness depending on the way they are shaped.
Get creative guys, try our new flavours and spices with this recipe. Why not add some chopped chilli to the mix?