I am forever hearing praise for Rees's Peanut Butter Cups, although obviously delicious, they do taste rather - manufactured. So what if we came up with something similar, something just as satisfying on the tastebuds but with a less synthetic taste.
After recently discovering a home made version of the Rees's treat I immediately went to work. The recipe had no added protein so of course in true LetsCook fashion, I had to put a scoop in it. Choice of whey protein was BulkPowders Impact Whey 90, with a massive 27g of protein per scoop it makes the ideal choice when creating smaller treats, the flavour chocolate cookie.
With over 8 grams of protein per cup, LetsTrain have come up with something that is still just as satisfying as Rees's but with a more natural flavour and less post treat guilt.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Ingredients (Makes 10):
100g Almond Butter
1 Scoop (30g) BulkPowders Pure Whey Isolate 90 (Chocolate Cookie)
2 TBSP Water
200g 85% Dark Chocolate
200g White Chocolate (Optional)
1. Melt the chocolate in a pan with a small bit of coconut oil, if you want make both dark and white chocolate (you can get inventive and combine the two).
2. Place 10 muffin papers cups in a muffin tin, pour the melted chocolate into the cups and leave in the fridge to set for roughly 10 minutes.
3. Mix 100g of almond butter in a medium sized bowl with 1 scoop (30g) of whey protein. Add 2TBSP of water (if necessary) to allow for mixing.
4. Remove muffin tin from the fridge and add the mix of almond butter and protein powder. Place carefully on top of the set chocolate and smooth it out with your fingers.
5. Pour the remaining melted chocolate on top and place back in the fridge to set.