Do these sound good or what?! They taste even better...
Made with all natural ingredients as usual, this 'Raw Energy' article is packed with antioxidants, protein and healthy omega 3s.
Time: 15 mins
- 8 dessert spoons oats
- 1 large banana
- Mixed seeds/nuts 2 dessert spoons
- 1 scoop protein powder (optional)
- 10g raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp. honey/agarve nectar
- 60g Dark chocolate pieces
1. Add the oats, cacao, seeds, honey and protein powder (if using) into a bowl and mix. Chop the banana into small pieces and add to the mix.
2. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Using hands, mash the banana into the mixture and as it thickens shape tightly into 6-7 small balls. Place the balls onto a non-stick baking tray and add to the top shelf of the oven for 10 mins.
3. When 10 mins is up, take the tray out and leave aside for the energy balls to cool. Add the dark chocolate pieces to a small deep pan and place on a low heat until just melted - you'll need to watch the chocolate melt so as not to let it burn (like I did the first time!) As soon as the chocolate is melted, dip each energy ball in and place on a plate to cool and harden.
These Energy balls are natural, quick to make and absolutely delicious! Take a few with you to work so if you get a sugar craving then you can snack on one - helping you to save spending money on 'snacks'.