We love using natural ingredients to make tasty treats. By opting for low sugar alternatives and using more plant based products, it's easy to make junk-food into nutritious bites.
This week we wanted to share two healthier alternatives to some popular baked recipes. We tried these both out this weekend and they were delicious! Have a go at one of the recipes below and share your creations with us on Instagram @LetsTrain using the hashtag #LetsEat
Avo Chocolate Chip Cookies
Try making this recipe at home and impress your friends and family! The are delish whilst upping your protein intake also!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Cool down time: 30 mins
1/3 cup maple syrup (use stevia drops if reducing cal)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup almond flour
5 tbsp collagen protein powder
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or dark choc
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
Add avocado and a large egg and whisk until they come together (around one min). Then add in maple syrup and vanilla extract until fully blended.
In a separate bowl, add all the dry ingredients such as cocoa powder, almond powder and baking powder and salt. Stir all together. Then add the wet ingredients to the bowl and mix thoroughly. Then add in chocolate chips and mix again.
Form 10 cookies (2 1/2 inch round discs) on a parchment-lined baking sheet. The cookies will spread a little so be sure to leave plenty of room. Bake for 10 mins on 350 degrees.
When completely cooled, store in fridge or freezer. Layer nonstick paper in between each cookie so they don’t stick together!
Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 cup of flour (I use all purpose but you can also use whole wheat, pastry flour, or a gluten free 1–1 substitute)
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 3 tablespoons of nut butter- I used peanut butter this time but have also made these with almond butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips or non-dairy chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 6 cup muffin tin.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Stir in the milk, nut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and mashed banana. Stir until well combined.
- Gently stir in the chocolate chips.
- Evenly spoon the mixture into the 6 muffin cups.
- Top with a few more chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool slightly and ENJOY!!
Thank you to Brita from the Food With Feeling blog for this awesome take on chocolate chip cookies and Nikki for cooking these!
Have a go at one of the recipes and share your creations with us on Instagram @LetsTrain using the hashtag #LetsEat